Monday, November 8, 2010

Setback and IPCAS race snowworld Landgraaf

I went to see my doctor in the AMC today.
Since I got my walker the pain got way worse up to a level where I wasn't able to sleep anymore and that was becomming a problem. I hoped it would get better in a few days but it didn't so I called this morning to see if I could come in today. Luckely they took it seriously, well why wouldn't they I was the one that walked on a fractured ankle for two weeks because it didn't hurt that much, so I could come in right away.
I told the doctor my problem with the pain and the fact that the walker was to big and didn't give any support, the ankle was slightly more swollen and a bit bruised. I was happy to see my surgeon because I just got resident's at all the other check up appointments in the hospital.
Well doctor Kerkhofs agreed that the walker doesn't give enough support, he said we tried it didn't work.
He said that I needed a cast again, since I can't walk without my orthosis I can't walk with the cast.
I'm not to happy about it....

He just didn't want to take any risks because one of the fractures, the Tillaux in the tibia is hard to stabilize even with the screw, that fracture isn't healed properly yet. 
And now I'm back in the cast, I can't walk and I've to take those stupid injections against thrombosis again.
Luckely I just got out of the shower when I got to the hospital and my leg was freshly shaved and washed. Now it can get disturbingly dirty again over the next 5 weeks and 3 days, let the count down start!
The up side is that the pain got a little bit better, it still is there but not as bad anymore.
I think I can have a proper night of sleep again, yeah.

Saturday I had a good physio session, that will be the last ankle physio session for a while (because it's casted again) but my ankle felt great after. That night we (my brother, sister and me) celebrated my dad's birthday, we had diner in a very nice restaurant, loved the food, and we had some nice talks, great night!
My mom came to visit sunday, she is going to India for 10 days to work.

IPCAS race snowworld Landgraaf november 25&26
There is going to be an international para-skirace in snowworld Landgraaf. There will be 2 slalom races, november 25 and 26.
Unfortenately I won't compete in those races because I'm injured.
It's to bad I miss those races because it would be great to have my debut at my 'home hill' but it is what it is.
I will be there for the international classification and to watch and cheer my teammates on.
Classification is necessary to devide the different disability's in to different classes to make it a fair game.

For more information,
http://www.ipc-alpineskiing.org/export/sites/ipc_sports_alpine_skiing/Downloads/2010_11_IPCAS_NED_Invitation.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment