Friday, November 26, 2010

Race @ Landgraaf

I woke up at 5.50 am yesterday to go and see the IPCAS race at snowworld Landgraaf. I was In the car by 6.25 am, and in a traffic jam at 6.30 am, which is crazy I think, I mean seriously 6.30 am! Well I only had to be at this highway for a kilometer or so and the rest of the drive over went pretty smooth.
I was at Landgraaf at 8.45 and the first run started at 9.00, good timing.
Because it’s an indoor race there were 3 runs over 2 courses, the last 2 runs over the same course.
I was able to put my skipants over my jeans and put on a lot more clothes, that way I managed to stay warm.
Anna second run


In the women standing category Anna Jochemsen from the Netherlands won, second was a Spanish girl and third a girl from Suisse. And in the men standing category Bart Verbruggen from the Netherlands won. So it was a good day for the team.

I had a good day and enjoyed myself, I spoke with a lot of people. Although I still felt pretty disappointed every now and  then. After the race we had lunch and after that was a clinic with the talent group.

The talent group with the trainers
and Anna and Kees Jan from the national team
I'm not in this picture because I decided to stay inside


After diner I went home and in the car I started crying, I felt disappointed and frustrated so I called my mom and it helped. I stopped thinking what could have been and started thinking what can be. And the good thing is I’ve a confirmed para-ski status now so nothing will stop me from racing when my ankle is healed.
At home I found a sweet surprise my weblog had have over 400 views that day, which is incredibly high, I usually have around 30-50 views my high score till then was 90 a day.



I've hardly slept last night, don’t know why, probably because of over thinking and my ankle was hurting again. I accidently dropped my foot yesterday, it hit the ground pretty hard since there are no muscles to compensate or slow the fall. I was standing on my good leg whit my crutch supporting my right leg, when I tried to remove the crutch my leg slid out of my hand and fell. When I walk with crutches I drag my leg since I can’t lift it, that’s why I use the wheelchair, but through the snow this was better. I saw a lot of people who were like expert crutch walkers, but they have one leg so they don’t have to lift the injured one which I think is definitely the hardest part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment