Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Impatience

Next week is the IPCAS race in Landgraaf and there are 6 ‘Dutchies’ competing (or so I heard), 4 that I know of who are the other 2? 
http://www.nskiv.org/nieuws/home/eerste_internationale_wedstrijd_aangepast_ski%EBn_in_landgraaf 
And that makes me jealous to be quite honest. I was looking forward to this race from the moment I saw it on the calendar, mostly because it would have been the first race and at home so my family and friends could come and watch. Well it probably isn’t good to have this high hopes, the real experience won’t live up to that and this one certainly won’t. Why can they ski and I can’t, yes off course I was stupid enough to break my ankle over summer training. Because if I could ski this race I would have conquered them all, well most likely not but I would have tried and probably get a few. But an unrealistic goal is fun and gives you a push to go for it. Talking about unrealistic goals, I’ve decided to race the Dutch nationals this year. I’ve heard they are planning to put the para division in the race (http://www.nskiv.org/page/3017/) and since it would be the first, how cool would it be to win that first title?! I guess it’s too soon, but I still have a tiny bit of hope. And I’ve a lot more (probably unrealistic) goals like that, that’s just who I am. I’m an optimistic person and I truly believe that if you want something badly enough and you’re willing to put in the work you can reach a lot more of those goals than you or anyone else for that matter expect you to reach.
My real goal for that race was getting the points necessary to qualify for the Europe Cup.  

So about the race I’m going to watch (one of the race days Friday) and that probably will be a little bit of a challenge, because I’m watching and not racing.
I will probably get a little mad at myself and my leg for breaking it, which will put more focus on my leg, which will increase the pain and decrease my comfort both physically and mentally. So I need to bring enough stuff to keep myself comfortable and probably some extra make-up so a little crying in the bathroom is allowed.
Then why go? if it’s that hard on you, you would ask. Well because going trumps not going. If I don’t go I’m going to spend the whole day wondering what do I miss? Who is winning, Who is there? what is it like? and more stuff like that because I always do that.
And I probably will have a lot of fun as well, putting on my happy face and bringing my outgoing, people person character I’m sure I will have a good time! And I’m looking forward to see everyone again, they probably won’t see a difference because my leg was in a pink cast the last time I saw them (September 19) and it’s in a pink cast again! All though it’s the 9th cast since then, not counting the walker because that isn’t a cast that’s a very bad piece of sssh.. ehm plastic.

I’m writing this at night because I can’t sleep. Some part of that is because my ankle is hurting but mostly because I’m getting damn impatient with this recovery, I just want to ski!
And now I’m going to try to sleep again because I’ve class at 8.30 AM tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment