Saturday, December 4, 2010

Snow

It started snowing this week, and it got crazy cold, yes it’s winter now.
I love the snow, it makes everything more beautiful. But now I’m doing the whole wheelchair thing and it just won’t work with snow, I get stuck.

The snow monday night
Thursday
Wheelchair
Last night
Yesterday
Today

The first couple of days, Tuesday and Wednesday, I was still able to go places by wheelchair, that changed Thursday by then I started using the car for everything and now even getting to the car is impossible, so I’m staying home :’(
Not that driving is a good idea right now, there are traffic jams everywhere and cars stuck in the snow at every traffic light.
I wanted to get snow-tires for my car but they are sold out, off course, and they don’t even take new orders, just when I had my parents convinced to pay….

And it’s cold, although less cold than earlier this week. Thursday the central heating of the whole hospital broke down, it even made the national news. We where shivering during the lectures but I guess it was worse for the patients.
I had another test on Friday and passed, general pathology, check.

Last night was my sisters birthday dinner at her place, it was a nice evening and the food was great, thanks mom. My brother had his birthday Wednesday so tomorrow we are going to celebrate with our dad, and my birthday is in 2 weeks, it's a party month.

I dropped my ankle last week and it was hurting a bit (much), so I went to the hospital on Monday to get it checked. I think my doctor was planning on killing me for sure when I told him it happened in Snowworld. Even when I told I wasn’t  skiing, I wasn’t sure if he believed me. Anyways I got a x-ray and it was good, so no worries! The doctor forbade me to use crutches or to hop for the next two weeks, mostly because I drag my foot and I dropped my foot last week while using crutches.
The x-ray showed I’m on track for walking in two weeks, can’t wait!
The pain got back after the whole dropping incident, but disappeared again over the last days. It was just bruised a bit, the doctor was talking about a bone bruise.
So I’m fine! And with all this snow skiing is on my mind all the time, impatience is definitely a weakness of mine…

No comments:

Post a Comment