Friday, December 17, 2010

It´s my party

4th birthday
25 years ago, time flies!

Yesterday was my birthday, I had a great day with my family and friends.
We went out for dinner and after that I went out with my cousin and a good friend.

And yesterday was my cast removed!

The doctor was very happy with his handy work and so am I. Got control X-rays and everything looks good. 

MRI of the Tillaux fracture 
MRI weber B fracture
All fixed up with hardware and ready to go, ankle version 2.0!
Thanks doc!

So let’s build back! I can walk again even without crutches but for building back starting with crutches is better. My walking is still a bit unstable, which isn’t strange after 13 weeks in a cast, after a few steps I get better.
And the good thing it doesn’t hurt (much)! On the other hand my ankle was pretty swollen last night (and this morning) I would say it looks like a ‘cankle’ only my calf is actually slimmer then my ankle…
The doctor thinks he can clear my for skiing in 6 weeks! yes that was good news.
But he said you have to promise me to take it easy, but if you don’t and you re-fracture it I’ll fix it again. People really trust me….not. Thanks but no thanks I plan on staying healthy.
But if I ever injure a limb again I’m happy to go back to him, he is a great surgeon!
We talked about why I broke my ankle and you can never know for sure but it probably happened because my ski binding is to heavy adjusted, I need that for my left leg since that leg is pretty strong. But my right leg isn’t, so I’m going to ski with 2 different bindings to make sure my boot get’s released when necessary.
It started snowing over here again so I had some slow traffic on my way home, it took me almost 2 hours to drive 53 km, crazy. When I got home all my guest had allready arrived before me, made a good entrance though.



Tonight I’m going to celebrate my birthday with my sorority and after that back to normal, studying have a test on Friday and train, so I’m ready to ski in 6 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment