Sunday, October 31, 2010

Time flies

Time flies, tomorow is my 6 week check up in the hospital (AMC).
The 6 weeks since my surgery went by fast and that's a good thing because it isn't the best period.
The past 6 weeks where pretty much all about resting, I wasn't allowed to stand on my leg or walk, I had to keep my foot up all the time. My ankle was and is pretty painfull and swelling still is an issue.
Surgery is a big deal! and an energy drain, I really can't understand people who would do it just to be more beautifull. I've had my fair share of surgery and I never want to do it again, well I said that before ;-) In 2007 I've had  knee surgery 3 times in just 1 year, that wasn't my best year.
If all is well tomorow I'll be allowed to start walking again, just short distances with crutches, I'm really looking forward to that, I miss walking (and skiing but that will have to wait a little longer).

I allready started physio but since I had to keep my foot up all the time we just did upper body training and some core, but when you are in a wheelchair you'll get plenty of upper body training...
I wanted to train my good leg, and hopefully I can start that again next week, because even my good and strong leg is getting weak from chilling in the wheelchair all day, it's lazy.
Last week I really wanted to try some one legged cycling so I just did it.

I had the VIVA 400 diner thursday night, that was great! I met a lot of inspiring women in a lot of different fields. The downside was that I got a parking ticket, apparantly Amsterdam recently changed the rules of parking with a disabled parking card, I didn't know, because everywhere else you can still parc for free. 
I knew I was almost out of gas but I saw a gas station on my way in and I figured out I could get gas on my way back, well I was wrong they where closed. And there was no gas station on the highway for a long time, well I got really nervous, luckely I remembered a gas station near my physio in Amsterdam south, I got off the highway, hoping it was still open and I got lucky, in my tank was only gas left for about 5 km...
I got home safe but late and I was tired but it was a great night!
I've to sleep with this cast to keep my kneecap in place, since my muscles arent able to do that.

Friday night my brother got robbed, that was really scary because the guy used a knife! Luckely my brother is such a calm person, and nothing happened. The guy took everything his phone, his wallet.
Yesterday was an easy day I helped my brother figuring everything out, luckely he blocked his banccard that night and he allready had given his statement to the police.
He helped me out whit my dishes, he put them in the dishwasher at his house, doing the dishes is a problem with a broken leg which you can't stand on. We had diner together with our sister.
Today is an other easy day, doing my laundry and some studying, getting kind of nervous for tomorow, I've my fingers crossed for good news.

This video is amazing!
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1942994





No comments:

Post a Comment