Sunday, October 24, 2010

The season has started

The ski season has started! This weekend I enjoyed watching the first Giant Slalom races of the new worldcup season. Unfortunately the second run of the men's race was canceled. The good news is that it's snowing in the Alps, yeah winter is here. My team is now training in Pitztal and they have some sweet conditions.

Oh I wish I was there with them..... But in the mean time I made myself usefull by studying real hard.

I was studying for my exam trauma and I kept my foot up. Trauma was a great course I loved it it was exciting. We learned about fractures, how the different types occur and how to treat them. We learned about drowning, burns, hypothermia and BIG accidents. Critical trauma care is pretty much ABCDE, that's all you need to know ;-). A is for airway, check if the airway is free en secure the cervical spine. B is breathing is the patient breathing if not, do something about it. C circulation and haemorrhage control is the patient bleeding if so do something about it! D disability check the neuro status of the patient, is he in a coma? does he have paralysis? E exposure and enviroment, check the whole patient but make sure he doesn't get hypothermia and find out what kind of accident it was, what happened?
Most important, treat first what kills first.
And I was pretty good whit trauma care, I did good on my exam I probably have a 9 (out of 10). I should becomme a trauma surgeon, that would be great, but I guess they don't want a trauma surgeon with a limp.

Yesterday night I went to the movies with my sister. We decided we didn't want to go to the dirty old movie theaters over here in Leiden so we went to a big movie theater in Scheveningen. Driving to Scheveningen took a litlle longer than we expected, so we missed the beginning of eat pray love. But it was a good movie, we loved it and it was fun hanging out whit my sister. She was so busy last year that there wasn't that much time to hang out.

My ankle is a bit of a pain in the ass not doing what it's suposed to, like get better. My last control X-ray was a while ago so I don't know how the bone is doing but the circulation is still pretty bad and it is still hurting big time. 
My toes are getting purple every time I have my foot down.

This recovery needs a lot of patience! 
Next week I've school, I've a course about genes I think it's going to be a boring course, I've physio still working hard on my recovery and I've a diner party on thursday.
I made on some kind of list of a magazine (viva) about 400 successfull women and I'm invited for the party thursday, that should be fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment