Thursday, September 16, 2010

Surgery

I need surgery for my ankle fractures.
This totaly sucks!! but in the end it will be a better ankle, version 2.0!

These pictures show a bit of what it looks like but I'm not verry good with paint I'll post the X-ray later.

The fibula fracture is called Weber fracture type B, the other fracture in the tibia is the red line, something like that, it's called a Tillaux fragment, in the upper picture both fractures are red lines. Well this should give you an image of what's going on inside my ankle.

I'm at home now trying to figure everything out, I've a pink cast.






It's itching allready, that's promising I need a cast for about 12 weeks!

The surgery will take place on monday september 20th, it will be in the AMC I've to stay in the hospital at least till wednesday, I would love to have some visitors! I'm at the orthopedic ward G7 south.

After my surgery I won't be allowed to walk for 6 weeks! so my wheelchair will be my new friend.
Luckely I've such a good and light wheelchair because I've allready a disability.

Sunday will be a fun day with the skiteam, maybe scouting new adapted skiracers and showing children how much fun it is to ski! and that it's possible even with a disability.

No comments:

Post a Comment