Thursday, September 9, 2010

Back at home in Leiden

I spend the summer at my mom's place in Arnhem, Arnhem is a nice city in the eastern part of the country, it is in the 'woods'. And the olympic training centre is in Arnhem. But med school starts again on monday and all my friends are back in Leiden as well so I went home last monday.
Leiden is a verry historic city whit lots of old buildings canals and Japanese tourists.
I love this city it's so beautiful and near Amsterdam and the Hague, the only downside there's no nature near just flat polders to go cycling.
I've a small studio apartment in the historical centre.

Leiden has the oldest university of the Neteherlands, since 1575, allthough there is a big university here the average IQ of this city is the lowest of the whole country and they did count the students...

                                          the academy building of the university


Last weekend I spend a day at my dad's place I tried out the new bike.

Cow's and a fox in the 'back yard'!

I went to Amsterdam yesterday, I hate driving in Amsterdam and there's no place to park even with my special parking card (disabled parkingcard). I had to go to the university over there for an official grading list, the office was closed so that was a bummer. After that I went to visit a friend in the hospital but with all the hectic with driving and parking I could only stay for 10 minutes because I had to go to the physio of the skiteam.

I had to go to the physio for my ankle injury and let's not sugar cote it I'm injured and I hate it!
Next teusday I have a MRI scan to see what the problem is and I really hope not that it is what they think it is, I'm still hoping it's just sprained.
The physio thinks I might have torned my Syndesmose, that's a small ligament between the tibia and fibula, without that the bones have room to move from each other. If that's the case I need a cast for 6 weeks but since a cast is really not in my best interest it will weaken my leg and I won't be able to walk because I can't use my orthosis, I will probably get tape instead. Because the injury is in my bad leg I'm not sure I'll regain all the muscles I'll loose with a cast.
Needless to say I feel horrible at the moment and I feel weak because I allready have an injury, we haven't even really started jet!
I haven't trained in a week now, I tried to ski tuesday but that was a mistake, I had no control over the ski at all. Tomorow I go back in the gym and do dryland training untill I'm cleared for skiing again.

The progress of the bruises in my ankle over the last week.


I went to a friend in the Hague today, I love her place it is so great and all the space she has.
Tonight I had a party in Leiden at my friend Astrid's place she is going to London to study for a year, I'll mis her!
Now I've to go to sleep (it's 0.15)! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment