Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hintertux November 8-14


Yesterday I got back from my second training camp in Hintertux. I’m in Snowworld Landgraaf now for the first races of the season on Thursday and Friday. I had another great camp in Hintertux one day got canceled due to heavy wind, T-bar was closed. We trained slalom for one day and GS for the other 4 days. Accept for one day we had amazing conditions, lots of sun and not too cold but a hard slope.

  
This camp we trained on the steeper slope, I was able to make progress and I learned a lot, my GS is getting better, which is good because I still have a lot of work to do in GS.


On the GS days we did a few runs of free skiing on super G ski’s, first time on the longboards. Well it’s all pretty new skiing on Super G ski’s with this leg but I’m getting used to them, and I like it.


A week flies by so fast and now I’m back in Landgraaf, we trained slalom today and my slalom did benefit a lot from last week’s training, just one more day of training before the races. All the other competitors are in Landgraaf already and it’s a good atmosphere, meeting a lot of new people from different countries, great. We have a pretty strong field with even a world champ in my category; women standing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment