Saturday, October 22, 2011

Randomness


So I have been a bit sick lately my asthma played up pretty bad and I have been waiting for it to get better for 2 weeks now. I have always thought about my asthma as something I had and just had to take my meds for but not as an actual disease, never realized how sick it could make me, off course there had been episodes but not like this before. I got a prednisone course and another inhaler, I have 6 now but that’s ok because it works. Things are getting better and since yesterday I can breathe freely again, as long as I don’t get to active. So I have been on a rest regime which made me seriously bored, haha. I have done a few ski training’s and went for a very easy short bike ride on a low heart rate today. Skiing was good but the bike ride might have been a tad to soon because I got symptoms again, but it was such a great day sunny and cold, and that's where meds are for so I’m fine. And I have spend a lot of time with friends which is always nice.

I made a new video with some of the footage of my coach, there is GS on it as well, like I said I have a lot of work in GS…



Next weekend I have an event in Landgraaf, a ski marathon in which teams of 2 skiërs/boarders will try to ski the distance to Sochi 2646 km in 14 hours during the night, to raise money for the paralympic skiers on their way to Sochi. It will be a great event, looking forward to it. https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=220212728035615

And 3 weeks later we have the season opening races in Landgraaf, Matthias Lanzinger who lost part of his leg after a Super G crash in 2008 will make his entrée in these races, so that will be pretty interesting. 
http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=562153.html#matthias+lanzinger+eyes+paralympics+after+amputation

No comments:

Post a Comment