Sunday, January 16, 2011

Progress

Last Tuesday I got cleared for skiing! (ahead of schedule!) My fixed up ankle can sustain almost everything now.
So you would think that I have skied a lot all ready, unfortunately that isn’t true, due to epic equipment failure I still can’t ski.
The company that’s making my ski-orthosis keeps me waiting and I’m getting kind of desperate, the races I want to make my debut in are getting closer.
So let’s keep our fingers crossed that I’m first in line when Frank gets back, in that case my orthosis will hopefully be ready in time.
If all goes well with the orthosis I have a training camp in March, I’m glad that there still is an opportunity for a training camp since I missed all pre season training.
The camp is with the best 5 members of the talent group and we go to La Molina, Spain.
My ankle rehab is still going very well, I make a lot of progress. The only problem is that my ankle still gets swollen pretty quick, I have to ice it every day.
The ankle doesn’t get irritated with the exercises I do, not even with the jumps but when I have to walk a lot, it gets pretty mad with me, strange.

All I can do now is wait till my ski-orthosis is ready (and keep calling every now and then, they have to remember I exist). In the mean time I’m training in the gym, I know for sure I will come back a lot stronger. My physio has done some amazing work with me, my walking and balance improved a lot! Didn’t know it was possible. We keep on working together so who knows how far I will come. Today is a rest day, I’m watching the men slalom in Wengen now, maybe I can see something of the world champs para-skiing in Sestriere, downhill today, and return to my books somewhere today.

No comments:

Post a Comment