Friday, May 17, 2013

Whistler day 1

I’m in Vancouver for exactly 2 weeks now, to read more on those stories see my Vancouver blog www.annikainvancouver.blogspot.ca
Yesterday I made the beautiful drive from Vancouver to Whistler, taking me over highway 99, the ‘sea to the sky highway’ to view is so amazing that it actually doesn’t bother me that much that the speed is very limited. I have rented a car, and thanks to a little hand controlled car mix up, I got a free upgrade to a very nice car, I love it, I will miss it for sure when I have to give it back Monday night.




So today was the first day of skiing with the Whistler mountain ski club. I skied with the FIS group and had a good time. The conditions were very soft due to some high temperatures over the last few weeks, but there still is plenty of snow left J
We did GS drills today, and all the drills were new to me, the coaches mentioned that they saw a progress over the day, always good to hear, I felt it as well. I felt very confident on my GS ski’s in the soft snow. The motto of the day was accept the challenge, so I did moguls and off piste and tons of more drills. By the end of the day my GS turns felt really good and I was death tired in my good leg J. They have some high level coaches and a lot of their athletes have made the national team over the years. I’m so happy to get the chance to train with them, this might just be the change I need to step it up next season. So a big thanks to topsport met zonder handicap a great foundation who has made this possible for me!



After skiing we had dryland training, some athletes were mountain biking, some were running or spinning for 20 minutes. I was spinning after which we did some yoga and stretching. We also did some balancing, and I walked a bit on the slag line as well. With poles it was easy even turned and walked back,then I tried loosely holding another girl’s hand while walking, and I even took some steps on my own, nice project for this summer J
Tomorrow GS skills testing we will see, I’m looking forward to another day on the hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment