Saturday, February 19, 2011

skiing slalom again

It’s been way too long since my last update.
So where to begin…
I have been skiing a lot in the last weeks and it’s getting better! I started slalom again about a week after I started skiing. My ankle doesn’t bother me at all and the irritation I have with the plate in my ankle is getting better. I feel pretty confident and strong at the moment which is good, my first race is 2 weeks from today! In st Lambrecht Austria, I’m getting excited.
There has been progress with the ski-orthosis and I will get it next week! More on that to come.

Last week I had a medical career event, a good way to meet some doctors and talk about my future. A very positive thing was that a surgeon told me that I still could become a surgeon, that my leg isn’t a problem. I’m so happy just to have the possibility, I thought that it would be a problem since I can’t run (which is about the only thing I can’t together with walking in heels). I guess this is it for now, I have been busy but not everything is that interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment